We offer training on agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean Startup, as well as estimation and forecasting.
2-day Agile & Scrum bootcamp
Scrum is used extensively, but not exclusively, in web and software development. Everyone from developers to business execs are now expected to know how to work using Scrum, but few are taught it and many struggle along with misinformed ideas. This bootcamp will cover the main principles and ideas underpinning agile and why using Scrum is the best way to run certain projects. Through games, hands-on practice and project simulations, you’ll be armed with the knowledge of how to use Scrum on a day-to-day basis.
- Why the Agile Manifesto relates to your preferred ways of working
- How iterative and incremental approaches can benefit projects
- The roles in Scrum
- How to plan projects and track their progress (including product backlogs, sprint backlogs, prioritisation, sizing and estimation, and velocity)
- The review and improvement process (including sprint reviews and retrospectives)
- Simulations of sprints to demonstrate how the roles, events and artefacts of Scrum work in practice.
Target audienceThis bootcamp is aimed at anyone who wants to know more about agile and Scrum. Knowledge on how to use Scrum is particularly important to those involved in web development, software engineering and product delivery, but it isn’t limited to the tech industry.
TestimonialsWhat people have said about this workshop: “Great instructors friendly and approachable. Loved the simulations and content” “An exceptional course. I’ve been to a few courses while I've been in London, across a wide variety of subjects, but this was by far the strongest. Thank you.” Dave G. “Good price-to-content ratio” “Really informative, easy to understand workshop” “Great course and a great pace with lots of recapping to embed the learning” “Nice and practical” "Very friendly & experienced instructors"
Pre-requisitesThis is a bootcamp for beginners and those with some experience of Scrum. No prior knowledge is required.
1-day Agile & Lean overview
Scrum, Kanban, Agile and Lean. We’ve all heard these terms but what do they mean and how can some of these approaches help the work that we do? This overview will cover the basics of Agile, Lean, Scrum and the Kanban Method, helping you understand and talk about the basic principles for each of these.
If you are not planning on using agile or Scrum yourself, then an overview will suffice. There are a small number of exercises that are run throughout the day.
TakeawaysIn this bootcamp, we’ll:
- review the Agile Manifesto and principles
- discuss the basics of the Scrum framework
- look at the basics of The Kanban Method
- investigate the basics of Lean Startup
- use case studies to evaluate the pros and cons of the various approaches
Target audienceThis bootcamp is aimed at anyone who wants to know more about agile, lean and scrum. Knowledge on how agile and lean is particularly important to those involved in web development, software engineering and business development, but it isn’t limited to the tech industry. Typical attendees are agency clients, stakeholders, third-party suppliers to teams using agile/Scrum and departmental managers. For anyone who intends to work as part of a team using Scrum, we recommend our 2-day courses or our Certified Scrum Master (CSM) courses.
Pre-requisitesThis is a bootcamp for beginners. No prior knowledge is required.
Estimating and Forecasting workshop
When is it going to be ready? How long will it take? How big is it? How much will it cost? How many people do we need?
We’ve all been asked these questions at work, and many others like them. We’ve all been in a position where we can’t or don’t want to answer, because we simply just don’t know how to begin answering the question when the work is unfamiliar and when things are unknown.
This workshop is the first step to understanding how to deal with such questions by using the techniques in an interactive workshop.
TakeawaysIn this workshop you will:
- understand why estimation is so hard
- establish what we mean by estimation and forecasting
- understand how risk and uncertainty affect our approach
- gain a practical, working knowledge of a variety of techniques
Pre-requisitesNo prior knowledge is required.
We are happy to discuss delivering the above workshops (or something more bespoke) at your organisation. Please contact us for a quote or to discuss availability.
We also run these courses publicly through General Assembly.