Scrum & Kanban Ltd is the data controller of the personal data we store about you. Scrum & Kanban Ltd collects and uses personal data as part of the work we do. This includes: coaching; mentoring; running events, workshops and training; providing goods (such as books, workshop tools, clothing).
About personal information
Personal data can be your name, address, telephone number and email address. It can also include information about where you work, what your role is, your skills, which events you have attended with us.
Why we collect personal data
We only collect the personal data that is relevant for the services we are providing to you.
- to provide training, coaching, mentoring
- to administer support
- to compile customer reviews
- to communicate your comments on our blog posts and pages
- to communicate with you (such as provide a summary of recent blog posts, new products, competitions, promotional offers, or for obtaining feedback). If you do not want to be contacted by us for these reasons, please click on unsubscribe at the bottom of any of our emails or contact us at email@example.com with the subject “Unsubscribe”
- to supply goods
When we ask for personal data
Whenever we ask for information about you, we promise to:
- always let you know why we need it
- ask for relevant personal information only
- make sure we don’t keep it longer than needed
- keep your information safe and make sure nobody can access it unless authorised
- only share your data with other organisations for legitimate purposes
- consider any request you make to correct, stop storing or delete your personal data
We also promise to make it easy for you to:
- tell us at any time if you want us to stop storing your personal data
- make a complaint with the supervisory authority
Sharing your personal data
We sometimes need to share your personal information with other organisations. We will only do this when the law says we can. We will never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes.
The organisations we share your personal information with are:
- providers of products (such as our clothing production company)
- distribution companies (such as those used to ship our products to you)
- MailChimp (to provide newsletters to our newsletter subscribers)
- hosts of events (e.g. in order for you to be allowed access to the venue)
Occasionally, we may use contact information to ask past attendees of our events or visitors to our site if they would like to complete a customer service survey. We use this information to see where and how we could improve our services.
Keeping your personal data
We usually retain your information for up to 7 years, after which we will ask you to confirm your information is still correct and confirm that you wish for us to retain your information. However, any details you enter as comments on blog posts or pages will not be deleted unless you request this from us.
Accessing your personal information
You can find what personal data we have about you by making a ‘subject access request’. To do this, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting more information
You can get more details on:
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information
- when we can pass on personal information without telling you, for example, to help with the prevention or detection of crime or to produce anonymised statistics
- instructions we give to staff on how to collect, use or delete your personal information
- how we check that the information we have is accurate and up-to-date
- how to make a complaint
For more information on any of these, please contact us at: David Lowe, Innovation Centre, Howbery Park, Wallingford, OX10 8BA or at email@example.com
Making a complaint
When we ask you for information, we will keep to the law. If you think that your information has been not been handled correctly, you can contact the Information Commissioner for independent advice about data protection at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF. Tel: 0303 123 1113. www.ico.org.uk