- This training has passed.
Agile Team Coach (ICP-ACC)
February 20 - February 22
Date: 20-22 February 2019
Location: London, United Kingdom
Regular Price: £1,500 – £2,760
Trainers: Georg Fasching (assisted by David Lowe)
Agile and Lean work when there is deep respect and consideration for people. However, often the behaviours we experience and sometimes exhibit at work are not in alignment with our own goals and the goals of the organisation. This is what makes achieving agility so hard.
Professional coaching helps individuals and teams increase transparency of their own internal and external blockers that stop them from being successful in achieving their goals.
During this 3-day highly interactive ICAgile-Certified coaching course you will learn specific professional coaching skills required to help others who are moving towards Agile ways of working. You will also gain the understanding and skills required to create a safe environment for meaningful collaboration and healthy conflict resolution within an agile team and be exposed to team dynamics and the role the wider organisation system plays.
• What an agile coach is and how this role plays out with your teams.
• An introduction to neuroscience and why it’s important as coaches we understand how the brain reacts when we’re stressed.
• Gain fundamental professional coaching skills and insights, like what powerful questions are and how to use them effectively and one of the important tools for team and personal growth – giving and receiving feedback.
• How to create a psychologically safe environment for your teams by looking at how to set up the team environment and help the team to know themselves and create a shared culture and vision.
• How to conduct the coaching conversation including techniques to improve the way you listen, brainstorm and help your client be effective with actions.
• Why it’s important to design a coaching contract with your team and stakeholders.
• How to coach and mentor through different kinds of change.
• How to coach toward high-performance and gain effective skills in encouraging team collaboration and trust and how to resolve conflicts.
- Team Emotional Intelligence
- Defining agile coaching
- The agile mindset
- Roles and responsibilities
- Achieving self-awareness
- Coaching principles, contract & patterns
- Neuroscience and coaching
- Coaching vs Mentoring
- Training & Facilitation
- Conducting the Coaching Conversation
- Goal & action based outcomes
- Presence & Listening
- Giving & receiving feedback
- Powerful questions
- Creating a psychologically safe environment
- Understanding team development
- Setting up the team environment
- Creating a team kickoff / startup agenda
- Characteristics of an agile team
- Coaching the journey towards high-performance
- Handling organisational Impediments
- Planning to facilitate a conflict within a team
- Putting it into practice
Execs, Managers, Team Leaders, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Iteration Managers, Agile Coaches, aspiring Coaches, Product Owners
This an intermediate-level course for practitioners with at least 6 months of hands-on agile experience. You will build upon the experience you already have working with agile teams.
This course is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) as fulfilling all Learning Objectives in the Agile Coaching track. After successful completion of this course, you can apply for the ICAgile Certified Professional-Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC). This continuing education certification is a key step toward achieving the ICAgile Expert-Agile Coaching (ICE-AC), the industry’s first competence-based certification. There is an ongoing assessment throughout the class as well as a practical assessment at the end of the course that you will need to pass. As long as the trainers believe you have demonstrated competence and that you have understood the learning objectives and you do not miss more than 1 hour of the course then you will receive the certification. The certification is included in the price of the course. Following the class you will receive an email from ICAgile with your Certification.