- This event has passed.
3-day Agile Fundamentals
August 26, 2020 @ 9:00 am - August 29, 2020 @ 1:30 pm
Date: 26-28 August 2020
Price: from £700
Trainers: David Lowe, Jiten Vara & Jim Wyllie
The starting point for all teams and organisations who want to take an agile approach, is to understand why such an approach is beneficial. This course explains why using an agile mindset is important, then explains how you might apply the mindset in a real-world situation. In effect, it explains why “being agile” is important, but also how to “do agile”.
This 3-day course is accredited by ICAgile. It is the foundation course for all other tracks in the ICAgile Agile Delivery learning roadmap and provides a solid foundation upon which further specialisation can be developed. For more information on the learning outcomes covered by this course, please see the ICAgile website or contact us.
- What the Agile Manifesto is (its values and principles) and why it matters
- What the difference is between agile and Scrum
- How iterative and incremental approaches can benefit projects
- How the roles of Product Owner, Scrum Master and Development Team work together in Scrum
- How to plan projects and track their progress (including product backlogs, sprint backlogs, prioritisation, sizing and estimation, and velocity)
- The importance of collaboration
- The review and improvement process (including sprint reviews and retrospectives)
- Simulations of sprints to demonstrate how the roles, events and artefacts of Scrum work in practice
- Debunking myths and sharing tips.
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to know more about agile and Scrum.
This course requires attendance, knowledge acquisition and a hands-on demonstration from the learner that they can use an agile mindset and approach in practice by the end of the course.
Upon successful completion, learners will receive the ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP) certification.
This is a bootcamp for beginners and those with some experience of Scrum. No prior knowledge is required.
- "Really great course, very interactive and brilliantly delivered. I have learned about lots of great Agile / Scrum skills and techniques."
- "Really engaging training, enjoyed every second. Very enthusiastic and experienced trainers."
- "Feel so much more confident about making decisions in my workplace."
- "Great course. Really interactive and fun. Instructors super knowledgeable. Flexible and great balance of coaching/instruction."
- "I knew nothing and feel like I can now implement this at work."
- "One of the best training courses I've ever completed. Excellent."
- "Honestly the best work related workshop I've ever been to, as it was concise in its purpose and helped provide clear and actionable outcomes for both the team and me personally."
- "It was a fantastic insight into Agile and Scrum. It was a lot of fun, too!"
- "Great engaging course. Modern teaching methods in an interactive format."
- "Very practical. Love stimulation."